Monday, September 19, 2011

Ryan Gosling Personal Take of Portrait/ Esquire September 2011♥♥

Here is my completion of Ryan Gosling
on the front cover of Esquire's September 2011 issue. I felt like I could have done better. I actually like the Ryan  Gosling on the side more than the one in the middle. I am trying to practice more on portraits. I find that I really have my own style of doing portraits, which I don't mind at all and like. Feel free to critique and perhaps spread the word ( or link ) that I made this portrait! Apparently Ryan Gosling has no fan mail address or any personal websites to show the drawing, which sucks and is kinda dumb. On the other hand, I used acrylics, pen, pencil, and white marker for this illustration on Bristol paper14 x 17 inches. I see a lot more being added to this work.
I don't tend to be a celebrity fan either ( I hate famous people....they seem fake ), but I really like the whole photograph of him on the front cover, needed practice drawing males, and he is pretty handsome ( fine! ) BUT!!
Hopefully this will improve my understanding of males and remembering in detail peoples faces to achieve a highly detailed portrait or drawing in my own style with less looking and memorization :)




No comments:

Post a Comment